Voluntary work and financial support are necessary ingredients for the Museum to be able to pursue its activities in a correct manner.
The economy of the Museum is based solely on membership fees and donations.
The activities of the Museum:
- Registration and documentation of rock carvings. The work is now being concentrated on the carvings which are disintegrating at an increasing rate
- International centre for rock art documentation. The museum is the only institution in Northern Europe which offers education in the skill of documenting rock art Archives for rock carvings and documentation material, which are open for researchers and anyone else interested
- International seminars offering lectures and field work with documentation and registration
- Courses and excursions arranged individually for groups with special interests
- Guided tours and night excursions to well-known as well as less known localities of rock carvings
Open: Maj - October between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Tanums Hällristningsmuseum, Underslös
S-457 91 Tanumshede, Sweden
Tel +46(0)525/295 55 Mobile: 073 818 5602